May 31, 2008

California Adventure: Wave Runner at Morrow Bay


Hey y'all. Everbody has their favorite beach, and mine is the Morrow Bay, Cayucos area. I love Central California beaches. They never get hot, they are way more relaxed and less populated than Southern California beaches. It's just got a laid back feeling. That's why I jumped at the chance of taking a wave runner with friend Spencer "Gushman" Anderson, and I had a blast.
This picture shows where we chilled on an isolated beach. There is this bar of land that separates a little bay from the open sea. Spencer, Angela, and I put the wave runner in the water at the public dock, and made our way past the breakers, right next to Morrow Rock on the right. From there we went out and had a beach to ourselves, which is only accessible by watercraft, or a long, out of the way, walk.

After going past the breakers, seals were there to greet us, or give us the stink eye for going out to their territory, I couldn't tell. They reminded me of Mux, though.

Here is the view of the strip of land from the other end. We stayed at the red dot. The waves were really big, and there were a couple surfers out there. When we came in, we steered wide to the right, to miss them. But that didn't stop one of the surfers from confronting us, and yelling at us that we put their lives in danger. Chill, bra. We weren't even close.

The waves were really big past the breakers. I've never been surfing, but wave running the ocean was so much fun, I doubt it can be topped. I'd see a huge wave in front of me, so I'd turn around to catch it on time before it crashes. If I would get there right before it breaks, it would launched me ten feet in the air. A couple times I didn't make it, and it threw me right off. I scramble to the wave runner, before another wave would try to swallow me whole. Thanks spence. It was really fun. Spence and Angie at the beach. Ange brought snacky cakes and cheez its. Good forsight.


Spence with Morrow Rock in the background.

2 comments:

Mrs. Schmalison said...

I didnt know you had a blog!!! I was looking for you on facebook but here you are! Hope you're doing well.

The Elms said...

You should make a flesh-colored wetsuit so it looks like you're naked.