May 8, 2009

Dom Deluise

"It may be some kinda bug, or some kinda slug, or a portuguese manowar"

Dom Deluise passed away recently, and I always thought he was really funny. I remember first seeing him on Dick Clark and Ed McMahon's TV Bloopers and Practical Jokes when I was little. I don't remember what he did, but I do remember him running around with all the manic energy that Chris Farley used to portray him on SNL.

You could tell he was very talented. If you haven't seen the end of Blazing Saddles, where he is directing the chintzy and flaunting 'showmen', you need to do it now. I'd post it, but I don't know if it's technically possible. It might be too gay to function.
"Come on boys, let's..."

Finally check out this clip from Carson. Funny stuff. They don't make entertainers like him anymore.









Here's the real deal, followed by the spoof. I'm sure Dom woulda spoofed himself like that if they asked him too.







No comments: